(Πακτύη/Paktýē). Fortress on the Propontic coast of Chersonesus , to the south of present-day Bolayır Iskelesi (Ps.-Scyl. 67; Str. 7a,1,52; 54; 56). Here stood the east end of the wall which ran from Miltiades  via the Chersonesus  to Cardia (Hdt. 6,36; Scymn. 711). Alcibiades  retreated here in 407 BC after the loss of his position as strategos (Nep. Alcibiades 7,4; Diod. Sic. 13,74,2).
B. Isaak, The Greek Settlements in Thrace until the Macedonian Conquest, 1988.
Cite this page
von Bredow, Iris (Bietigheim-Bissingen),
Brill’s New Pauly, Antiquity volumes edited by: Hubert Cancik and , Helmuth Schneider, English Edition by: Christine F. Salazar, Classical Tradition volumes edited by: Manfred Landfester, English Edition by: Francis G. Gentry.
Consulted online on 22 February 2019 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/1574-9347_bnp_e904040>