Brill’s New Pauly

Get access
Search Results: | 150 of 281 |

Mons Argentarius
(67 words)

[German version]

Promontory on the coast of Etruria (635 m; Rut. Nam. 1,315) to the south of the mouth of the Albinia (modern Albegna), today still Monte Argentario, connected to the mainland by two narrow strips of land enclosing a lagoon.

Bibliography

R. Bronson, G. Uggeri, Isola del Giglio, Isola di Giannutri, Monte Argentario, Laguna di Orbetello, in: SE 38, 1970, 201-214.

Cite this page
Uggeri, Giovanni (Florence), “Mons Argentarius”, in: Brill’s New Pauly, Antiquity volumes edited by: Hubert Cancik and , Helmuth Schneider, English Edition by: Christine F. Salazar, Classical Tradition volumes edited by: Manfred Landfester, English Edition by: Francis G. Gentry. Consulted online on 29 November 2020 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/1574-9347_bnp_e809270>
First published online: 2006
First print edition: 9789004122598, 20110510



▲   Back to top   ▲