Brill’s New Pauly

Get access
Search Results: | 15 of 115 |

Marcomagus
(131 words)

[German version]

Station (It. Ant. 373,2; Tab. Peut. 3,1) on the Roman road from Augusta [6] Treverorum to Colonia Agrippinensis, modern Nettersheim-Marmagen, district of Euskirchen. It was possibly associated with a vicus located in the Urft valley south of Nettersheim, which was probably abandoned in the 2nd half of the 3rd cent. AD (cf. [1; 2]; CIL XVII 2, 554 of AD 350-353).

Bibliography

1 A.-B. Follmann-Schulz, Die römischen Tempelanlagen in der Provinz Germania inferior, in: ANRW II 18.1, 1986, 750-753

2 J. Hagen, Römerstraßen der Rheinprov., 21931, …

Cite this page
Wiegels, Rainer (Osnabrück), “Marcomagus”, in: Brill’s New Pauly, Antiquity volumes edited by: Hubert Cancik and , Helmuth Schneider, English Edition by: Christine F. Salazar, Classical Tradition volumes edited by: Manfred Landfester, English Edition by: Francis G. Gentry. Consulted online on 06 August 2020 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/1574-9347_bnp_e723010>
First published online: 2006
First print edition: 9789004122598, 20110510



▲   Back to top   ▲