(Λάβδαλον; Lábdalon). Site at the northern rim of the Epipolai-Plateau of Syracusae, where a fortress was built by the Athenians in 414 BC. This was taken from them by Gylippus shortly after his arrival (Thuc. 6,97,5; 98,2; 7,3,4). Fabricius located it east of Scala Greca, above the descent of the antique roadway Syracusae - Megara from the plateau. Before him, it was thought to lie more to the west.
K. Fabricius, Das ant. Syrakus (Klio-Beih. 28), 1932, 19f.
H.-D. Drögemüller, Syrakus, 1968, 15f., fi…