Vicus of the Vestini (regio IV) on the upper reaches of the Aternus (Pescara), in the territorium of Peltuinum (CIL IX 3524), and near the church of Santa Maria di Furfona, 15 km south-east of L'Aquila; administered by two aediles. Cult of Jupiter Liber (58 BC; CIL I2, 756). Located on the road between Prifernum and Peltuinum, later named via Claudia Nova. Inscriptions: CIL IX p. 333, 3513-3568.
Nissen 2, 442
Ruggiero 3, 1922, 353, s.v. F.
▲ Back to top ▲
Cite this page
Uggeri, Giovanni (Florence),
Brill’s New Pauly
, Antiquity volumes edited by: Hubert Cancik and , Helmuth Schneider, English Edition by: Christine F. Salazar, Classical Tradition volumes edited by: Manfred Landfester, English Edition by: Francis G. Gentry.
Consulted online on 29 November 2020 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/1574-9347_bnp_e416520>
First published online: 2006
First print edition: 9789004122598, 20110510