Brill’s New Pauly

Get access

Fagifulae
(94 words)

[German version]

Town of the Samnites Pentri (regio IV) on a hill to the right of the Tifernus. In 217 BC won back from the Carthaginians by Q. Fabius Maximus (Liv. 24,20,5). Municipium, tribus Voltinia (Plin. HN 3,107; CIL IX p. 237). Its location was pinpointed at the Church of Santa Maria di Faífula (Faífoli) near Montágano north of Campobasso. Epigraphical evidence: CIL IX 2551-2561; EEpigr 8, 109.

Bibliography

A. Degrassi, Quattuorviri, in: Id., Scritti vari 1, 1962, 150ff.

G. De Benedettis, F., in: S. Capini (ed.), Samnium. Archeologia del Molis…

Cite this page
Uggeri, Giovanni (Florence), “Fagifulae”, in: Brill’s New Pauly, Antiquity volumes edited by: Hubert Cancik and , Helmuth Schneider, English Edition by: Christine F. Salazar, Classical Tradition volumes edited by: Manfred Landfester, English Edition by: Francis G. Gentry. Consulted online on 28 January 2020 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/1574-9347_bnp_e409440>
First published online: 2006
First print edition: 9789004122598, 20110510



▲   Back to top   ▲