Brill’s New Pauly

Get access
Search Results: | 71 of 388 |

Equizeto
(74 words)

[German version]

Town in Mauretania Sitifensis, at a road junction south-west of Sitifis: the modern Ouled-Agla or Lecourbe; in Tab. Peut. 2,1 referred to as Equeheto. The town was a municipium by the time of Alexander Severus at the latest [1. 567 no. 29]. Inscr.: CIL VIII 2, 8810-8825; 9045; 10427-10430; Suppl. 3, 20606; Suppl. 4, 22658,5.

Bibliography

1 Bull. Archéologique du Comité des Travaux Historiques, 1897.

AAAlg, folio 15, no. 91.

Cite this page
Huß, Werner (Bamberg), “Equizeto”, in: Brill’s New Pauly, Antiquity volumes edited by: Hubert Cancik and , Helmuth Schneider, English Edition by: Christine F. Salazar, Classical Tradition volumes edited by: Manfred Landfester, English Edition by: Francis G. Gentry. Consulted online on 05 December 2020 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/1574-9347_bnp_e400560>
First published online: 2006
First print edition: 9789004122598, 20110510



▲   Back to top   ▲