This item can be found on the following maps:
(Κύβιστρα; Kýbistra). Town in ‘Cataonia at the end of the road from the Cilician Gates across the Taurus, later also called Heraclea; modern Tont Kalesı, 13 km south-east of Ereğli; belonged later to Cappadocia II. It was a diocese from AD 325 and an archdiocese from c. 1060.
W. Ruge, s.v. Kybistra, RE Suppl. 4, 1123
▲ Back to top ▲
Cite this page
Strobel, Karl (Klagenfurt),
Brill’s New Pauly
, Antiquity volumes edited by: Hubert Cancik and , Helmuth Schneider, English Edition by: Christine F. Salazar, Classical Tradition volumes edited by: Manfred Landfester, English Edition by: Francis G. Gentry.
Consulted online on 27 May 2019 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/1574-9347_bnp_e625560>
First published online: 2006
First print edition: 9789004122598, 20110510