Castrum of the Numidian limes , which was 75 km west-south-west of Biskra; probably the place today known as Sadouri. The military camp protected the area south of the Chott el-Hodna. A. was where the road from Lambaesis met the road that led from Auzia via Doucen to Gemellae. Inscription in honour of Gordianus (AD 247 [1. 31-33]); it is, however, possible that A. was already in existence before this time.
1 J. Carcopino, Le Limes de Numidie et sa garde syrienne, in: Syria 6, 1925
2 AAAlg, folio 48, no. 1
3 J. Baradez, Fossatum Afric…