Town in Africa proconsularis, south-south-west of Thugga, modern Kern el-Kebch, a municipium since the end of the 3rd cent. AD (CIL VIII Suppl. 1, 15563). Inscriptions: CIL VIII Suppl. 1, 15562-15568; Suppl. 4, 27395-27405; Inscr. latines d' Afrique 591f.
AATun 050, sheet 19, no. 160
C. Lepelley, Les cités de l'Afrique romaine 2, 1981, 76.
▲ Back to top ▲
Cite this page
Huß, Werner (Bamberg),
Brill’s New Pauly
, Antiquity volumes edited by: Hubert Cancik and , Helmuth Schneider, English Edition by: Christine F. Salazar, Classical Tradition volumes edited by: Manfred Landfester, English Edition by: Francis G. Gentry.
Consulted online on 21 January 2021 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/1574-9347_bnp_e209010>
First published online: 2006
First print edition: 9789004122598, 20110510